For an overview of my work, please see my resume below, or download it here.
For more detail about my background, experience, and training, please view or download my CV here.
DIRECTOR – DEVISER – TEACHING ARTIST
RowenHaigh@gmail.com • 859-319-1788 • Chapel Hill, North Carolina
DIRECTING, DEVISING, AND PRODUCING
- I Came Here to Play by Lesley Berkowitz and Rowen Haigh, adapted from Gertrude Stein: site-specific work. SoLow Fest. Philadelphia. 2014.
- This for That, ensemble-devised work. White Flag Performance Group. Co-director, deviser. Pukaar, Pune’s First English Language Theatre Festival. Pune, India. 2014.
- The Sadness of Small Cakes by Rowen Haigh. Co-production between White Flag Performance Group and Towson University; MFA final project production. Director, producer, writer. Towson University, Dryer MFA Group Studio. 2013.
- The Bear Loves Honey, ensemble-devised work. White Flag Performance Group. Co-director, deviser, co-producer. Touring production: Theatre  at Baron’s Theatre (Louisville); Actors Guild of Lexington (Lexington, KY); Nashville Sideshow Fringe Festival. 2013.
- The Complicity of Breakfast, ensemble-devised work: White Flag Performance Group. Director, deviser, co-producer. Touring production: PortFringe Festival, Lucid Stage. 2012.
- Really You Should Use Bullets, ensemble-devised work: White Flag Performance Group. Co-director, deviser, co-producer. Generous Company‘s WordBRIDGE and Gumbo Festival at Baltimore Theatre Project; touring production: Actors Guild of Lexington. 2012.
- Our Weddings, ensemble-devised work. Director, deviser, producer. Collage Festival at the Wolf Building; Studio 34; Mascher Space Co-op (Philadelphia). 2011.
- Marilyn Monroe Has Sex For the Last Time with Groucho Marx by Greg Romero. Director. PIFA New Play Festival at the Kimmel Center and Plays and Players (Philadelphia). 2011.
- The Ugly One by Marius von Mayenburg, translated by Maja Zade. Director. Centre College, Weisiger Theatre. 2010.
- mis/match, ensemble-devised work: Philly Contact Collective. Co-director, deviser, co-producer. Philadelphia GLBT Arts Festival at the Arts Bank. 2010.
- Creditors by August Strindberg, translated by Elizabeth Sprigge. Director, producer. Philly Fringe Festival at Studio 34. 2009.
- Won at Last by Steele McKaye. Director. Philadelphia Dramatists Center/Anonymous Theatre at the Wilma Theater. 2008.
- In the Next Room (or the vibrator play) by Sarah Ruhl. Directed by Blanka Zizka. The Wilma Theater. Barrymore Awards for Best Play, Director, Supporting Actress, Ensemble, Set, Lighting, Sound, and Costume Design. 2011.
- Leaving by Václav Havel, U.S. premier. Directed by Jiri Zizka. The Wilma Theater. 2010.
- The Breath of Life by David Hare. Directed by Kathryn MacMillan. Lantern Theater Company. Barrymore Awards for Best Actress and Original Music. 2010.
- Becky Shaw by Gina Gionfriddo. Directed by Anne Kauffman. The Wilma Theater. Barrymore Awards for Best Play, Director, Leading Actor, Supporting Actress, and Ensemble. 2010.
- Introduction to Theatre. Introduction to theatre history, theory, and practice. Towson University. 2014
- Devising workshop co-instructor. Introduction to the devising process for Theatre  members, Louisville. 2013.
- Acting 101 (acting for non-majors). Towson University. 2012.
- Teaching Artist. Theatre Outreach Program between Towson University and the Greenmount School (6th and 8th grades), Baltimore. 2011.
- Workshop facilitator: Our Weddings Community Devising Workshop. Studio 34. 2011.
- Assistant Instructor to Professor Ken Keffer: “Absurd French Stage.” Centre College. 2011.
- Workshop Presenter: “Contact Improv as Theatre Training.” Centre College. 2010.
- Workshop Presenter: “Methods for Creating Movement-Based Performance.” Contacting the World Festival. Contact Theatre, Manchester, UK. 2010.
- Workshop Presenter: “Preparing for Physical Theatre Auditions.” Arcadia University. 2008.
- Teaching Artist. Year-long high school theatre residencies and mixed age summer camp. Philadelphia Theatre Company. 2007-08.
- Nancy Stark Smith January Workshop: Contact Improvisation, solo training, changing states, composition, performance, improvisation scores, The Underscore. Earthdance retreat center. 2014.
- Liz Lerhman Workshop: introduction to critical response and community engagement. 2013.
- Chorus Work and Devising Workshop: technique and creation with Ecole Jacques Lecoq graduate Kristi Hughes. Towson University. 2013
- Toshiki Okada/Chelfitch Workshop: material generation and refinement. Towson University. 2012.
- Puppetry residency with Theodora Skipitares: technique and performance aesthetic. Towson University. 2012.
- Residency with Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company: semester-long collaboration with director Howard Shalwitz and choreographer Diane Bruning on staging concepts for Jason Grote’s Civilization (all you can eat). Towson University. 2011.
- Richard Armstrong Vocal Workshop: vocal exploration and experimentation. Towson University. 2011.
- Towson University: MFA in Theatre Arts. 2014.
- Reed College: BA in Theatre. Graduated Phi Beta Kappa. 2006.
MEMBERSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Founding Company Member: White Flag Performance Group: 2011-present.
- Leeway Foundation Art and Change Grant Recipient: 2011.
- Participant, Director’s Lab Chicago: 2011.
- Recipient, Contact International Forum bursary, Contact Theatre, Manchester, UK: 2010.
- Founding Member, Philly Contact Collective: 2008-10.
- Associate Member, Philadelphia Dramatists Center: 2007-11.